WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personally Identifiable Information
We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the services we offer on our website. The specific type of personal information we collect and use may include, but is not limited to, the following:
● name and contact information (including telephone and mobile number, email address, residential and postal address);
● individual information (including age, gender, race, place of birth and photographic identification);
● financial and transactional information (including banking, credit card and PayPal details);
● your tax residency status;
● other information that may be required by a seller of bitcoin to satisfy their legal obligations including the ‘Know Your Customer’ rules;
● company name and contact information (including Company Registration Number, business name, Directors full names, Senior Executives full names, significant shareholder details, company contact, telephone and fax number, email address and registered, postal and business address); and
● other personal information (including any other information provided to us by you that we are required to collect by law).
We may also collect personal information as we reasonably determine necessary from time to time for any purpose in connection with the general conduct of our business ,for example, in dealing with our agents, service providers and contractors.
We only collect personal information which has been provided to us by you. You have to the right to object to, or restrict the collection of your personal data, how ever if you choose not to provide us with the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our services to you.
An Internet Protocol(IP) address is a small set of numbers automatically assigned to your computer when you log on to the internet. We may use general information about your visit to our website, including your IP address and the date and time of your visit, to assist us in improving the quality and use ability of our website. Typically, we will not link IP addresses with personal information, however, in rare instances we may need to link IP addresses to personal information if it becomes necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will predominantly use your personal information for the provision of our services to you, and for any other purpose required bylaw. Such purposes include compliance with our ‘(Know Your Customer)’s record obligations, The South African Reserve Bank (SARB) reporting, Central Bank of Nigeria and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) regulations. We may also use the information you have provided us with to engage in marketing activities. If we do use the information that you have provided us with in this manner then it is done in aggregate and on a purely anonymous basis with your personal information removed.
● providing you with use of or information about, or administering, managing, developing and improving, our service;
● managing our relationship with you;
● minimising risks and identify or investigating fraud and other illegal activities;
● maintaining and updating our records;
● addressing any queries, feedback, complaints or concerns;
● marketing and advertising;
● communicating directly with you and providing marketing communications and targeted advertising to you via post, email, SMS, telephone or other means on an on going basis(if you do not wish to receive these direct marketing communications, you can contact us via (our email address) to opt-out of receiving such communications);
● confirming your identity; and
● complying with any law. If we intend to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was originally collected, to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
● you have consented to such use or disclosure of your personal information; or
● the use or disclosure is required, authorised or otherwise permitted by law.
Our website may have links to external third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other websites or services. You should make sure that you have read and understood any third-party privacy policies and direct any questions or concerns you may have to the relevant thirdparty administrators.
We take our obligations to protect your personal information very seriously. This includes ensuring that we meet the Office of the South African Home Affairs and National Identity Management Commission guide lines with respect to the appropriate level of information and software security , governance and associated procedures so as to adequately protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information where we consider that the information is no longer needed.
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information may change frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. If at anytime you would like to access, correct or change any personal information provided to us by you, please contact us via email: (our email) Please note that where you require copies of your personal and/or sensitive information held by us, we may charge you a reasonable fee for the postage and administration involved in complying with any such request.